Monday, June 11, 2007

Crampy (Monday, June 11)

Today is Monday, June 11th, and I've had cramps on and off since Sunday early morning (the 10th). Until yesterday, I felt no contractions, cramps or other discomforts, but today the cramps are increasing in frequency and in level of discomfort. My mom and I spent the morning doing laundry and rearranging beds and this afternoon, we went to a day spa to get massages. Mine was ok -- I'm crampy on and off every 10 minutes or so, and it is distracting, so I didn't enjoy it as much as I would if I wasn't pregnant.

My mom and I feel this development is probably a good thing -- hoping things are happening down there. Am assuming the cramps are related to starting to dilate/efface, which is good news. I'd rather go into labor naturally than run past due date and get induced, so maybe this is a sign that things are on their way.

Dr. Holden is on call tomorrow (Tuesday) and this coming weekend... if Bean doesn't come tomorrow (and comes on Wed, Thurs or Fri), then I'll probably be delivered by one of his colleagues If I cramp up every day until the weekend, it will make for a very long week at this rate, but the upside would be that Dr. Holden will deliver for us...

No comments: